2.1 The purpose of the association is:
– to generate new knowledge about the Anthropocene i.e. the geological age, human impact on environments.
– to disseminate this knowledge to different areas of our societies and to contribute to sustainable development for future generations.
– to promotion nature conservation and landscape management in the sense of the German Federal Nature Conservation Act and the nature conservation laws and environmental protection laws of the German Federal States, as well as the promotion of science and research relating to the epoch known as the Anthropocene.
2.2 The purposes of the statutes are realized in particular by means of:
– Research projects, including the creation and networking of local observation stations and the use of existing or new technologies for the analysis and interpretation of habitats.
– Activities in education and research, the results of which are published (e.g. by analogue and digital publications, exhibitions).
– international education academies and workshops exploring the causes and impacts of humans on the environment.
– Symposia, discussion events, seminars and lectures explaining and discussing the causes and effects of humans on the environment.